JOM LAYAN IKLAN

Saturday, February 27, 2010

THE BOOK of ELI




Sayang brought me to watch a movie today. The plan was to watch Percy Jackson however it was fully booked. So, I told my Sayang that I did not mind watching Book of Eli even though I had not watched the thriller before. The title sounds so mysterious and the word Eli sounds so religious to me (In Hebrew it means High; Arabic 'Ali' it means Noble, The Highest) . The poster looked so violent though, hence I told Sayang "Just buy the ticket".

It was a good movie. It reminds me the revelation of the Al-Quran. It reminds me the importance of memorizing the holy scriptures by Allah before it disappears. Only those with good memory and strong will could memorise It. I asked my sis whose friend is studying in a religious school on how he manages to memorise the verses. It seems that, to memorise sth holy is definitely not easy. One has to sacrifice a lot. One has to take care of his food. Avoid harem food and one must know the source of the food (not stolen food for an eg). One must not sinned. One must have a clean heart. And for sure one has to work with patience and be persistent.

As a Muslim, I do strongly believe in AlQuran. The AlQuran given to Muhammad (PBUH) is a book of Guidance and can give comfort to whoever reads it and practice it. It is the book of truth. As mentioned in Surah Al-Kahfi :
Praise be to Allah, Who hath sent to His Servant (Muhammad PBUH) the Book (Al-Quran), and hath allowed therein no Crookedness:

Eli, in this story, followed what was instructed to him by the voiced in his head. The world was exactly like during the jahilliyah period and people are thirst for guidance. They need the book which was hard to find for all the holy scriptures were burnt during a big war. The scenario is possible to happen especially when more and more people deny the existence of God and believe more in science (Infidels such as the Atheist, Agnostic, Naturalism and many more). All the holy books were perished during this war and it happened that Eli had the one and only Bible left behind. The Bible that he read everyday was actually a braille one. End of the story, we know that somehow Eli managed to go to the west and had a writer rewrite the holy scripture that he cited before he died. He hoped that what he memorised could bring back the civilization to the people.

AlQuran as the Muslims know was meant to bring back civilization to the Arabs and to all human in general. The barbaric phase of life which know as Jahilliyah was a phase where women and baby girls were buried alive for having a girl was seen as not lucky. This barbaric and inhumane act is surprisingly still being practiced in the modern day where baby girls was not the preferred gender for some parents (My adopted unties were given away to my granma coz they are girls. Thank to Allah that they were not killed). Mmm ... why do I say this? Well... throughout the movie, women were treated badly by the men except for Eli for 'he is the man' :D

The Holy AlQuran was given to Muhammad(PBUH) who did not know how to read and write. The Jibrail taught him to read and revealed to him the secret of the universe (See Science in Islam). In Muhammad's world, technologies like now were far fetched. So... it would be impossible for him to know the creation of the universe, life and other knowledge without the help of technology. Thus, AlQuran is definitely a complete book for knowledge and as well as for the soul.

No matter how far we go, no matter how rich one could be, religion plays a very important role in one's life. Without a religion, one tends to be lost even though he is very rich in other means. Only religion can fill the emptiness of the heart and for me AlQuran plays an important role to make one's life complete.

I really recommend all to watch this movie. The movie however might offend those who do not believe in god. In fact, the movie reviews that I read from a website sounded so negative. As for those who believe and choose not to believe in the Holy Scriptures.... Beware!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice post. I was checking continuously this blog and I'm impressed! Very helpful info specifically the last part :) I care for such information much. I was seeking this certain info for a long time. Thank you and best of luck.
my webpage: Cure Infertility

Anonymous said...

I'm really impressed along with your writing talents as smartly as with the format on your blog. Is that this a paid topic or did you customize it yourself? Either way keep up the nice high quality writing, it is uncommon to see a nice blog like this one these days..

Feel free to surf to my web blog: www.HowToGetPregnantTip.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...